Tuesday, January 17, 2012

'Shrooms for Eating

This is just the last 1/4 of the amount I prepared.

Tonight's meal  is stuffed mushrooms and rice!
To begin I diced a couple slices of an onion, a small tomato, a little green onion, and a small red pepper. I honestly can't remember what it was called at Kroger. However it wasn't a hot pepper. I like my so-spicy-it'll-make-you-cry dishes, but I don't intend on this being one of them.
I started simmering this combo in a skillet with a little lemon pepper seasoning.




While that was simmering, I set the oven to preheat at 350ish ("ish" because our oven is, well, iffy at times) and then I hollowed out 4 average size mushrooms.
After the vegies had simmered a while, I put the mushrooms on foil and stuffed them. A little basil sprinkled on top for good measure.



About this time I put on the rice. The 'shrooms and stuffing I wrapped in the foil to maintain maximum moisture. They baked for about 40 minutes.
While I was ever so patiently waiting, I put some of the 'shroom bits and lime juice on spinach leaves for a salad.

When everything was ready, plate it and add yet a bit more lime juice to the rice!

And afterward, when I was jonesing for something sweet and sugary, I found grapes to be quite tasty.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment