Tweet
I really have no idea how to make Indian food. So I asked my resident "expert" what spices to use, picked out some veggies and rice, and threw it all together to see what would happen.
Ingredients:
Spices - Heavy on the curry, a good bit of ginger, cumin, and chili powder
A basil leaf
Squash
Carrots
Potato
Tomato
Onion
Garlic
And I didn't have cloves or chickpeas, but that would've been a very good addition.
I cooked the rice like normal with the basil leaf. When it was about done I tossed all the chopped vegetables in a skillet with some olive oil. Then I added the rice and the spices, continually stirring and tasting and adding till I achieved the right level of "Indianness." One major thing I would do differently is to cook the potatoes beforehand. They were not quite as soft as I would've liked.
All in all though, it was a pretty good dish! I think I'll toss this on a tortilla to have it tomorrow too.
No comments:
Post a Comment