Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Dearest (Eligible) Food to My Heart

I kept saying, ok, I'll save the super easy recipes for later on when I'm running out of ideas. I was wrong, apparently I was just saving this one for day three when I'm hustlin'. Yes, yes, I know, "Er'yday I'm hustlin'" but today especially. So here's Hughey's favorite salsa recipe.
Since I made the salsa earlier, I don't have any pictures of the process, but here are the ingredients and final product:
A few tomatoes, diced
Half a medium onion, diced
1-2 jalapeƱo peppers, diced
Lime juice
Garlic salt, cumin, lemon pepper
seasoning, and salt, to taste
And God's gift to salsa - cilantro, also to taste.

For chips, I got my handy wheat tortilla's and broiled until ever so slightly burnt so they'd be very crisp.

Then, just for a little extra, I sliced up an avocado. And that's it!

Edit: For good crispy chips, put a slight amount of olive oil on a tortilla and bake it at 350 for ~10 minutes. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment