Thursday, January 19, 2012

Taco Goodness


Alright, the meal of the day is tacos. This turned out so good I'm having it(ish) again tomorrow night.
Pretty straight forward. I'm using the salsa from yesterday, half an avocado, black beans, rice, a couple tortillas, and, as per the usual, some lime... Heads up, black beans not out of a can take HOURS to prepare. I had no clue.
This is what they look like when they first go in.
Ok, so, to mix things up, I decided to attempt to make hard shell tacos (at the suggestion of Samantha Dodson). It's pretty straight forward.
Preheat the oven to 350. To get the tortillas nice and floppy, I placed damp paper towels around them and microwaved them for 30 seconds. Then, I spread a little olive oil on both sides. I also (and I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure if this is legal) sprinkled some chili powder on them.
And this is the finished product!


And here's the whole gang. It was quite a filling meal. I think I'll do the same thing tomorrow night except in rice bowl and chips fashion instead of trying to eat it like a taco. Cause it got messy. Like, had to get the vacuum out after dinner messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment