Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fajitas... Without Queso... And Carne...


Ok, that got depressing fast. Oh to have a big plate of arroz mi pueblito! Ok, refocusing...
The dish of the day is very simple, everything that would come with fajitas except the meat.
Tomato, mushroom, jalapeno, red pepper, green bell pepper, fresh garlic, and some yellow onion.

I like to chop my tomato, onion, and bell pepper into long pieces; destem, half, and slice my mushrooms; and dice the smaller peppers. I start sauteing the onions first to give them extra time and once they're going I toss in the rest.
To maintain moisture and speed up the cooking
process I cover it. And if you're a college
student and your big lid is dirty, use a plate!












I heated some rice and black bean for some extra substance. Finally, wrap that sucker up! Mine was nice and spicy just the way I like it. Chow down y'all.






No comments:

Post a Comment